Student Aid Fraud
- Auditing Requirements for School Title IV Programs and Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Grants (2022)
- How to Identify and Report Fraud Training Video (2020)
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Audit Guide (2021)
- Federal Student Aid: Foreign Schools Audit Guide Update (2021)
- Federal Student Aid and the Fight Against Fraud: How You Can Help Prevent Misuse of Education Funds (2021)
Schedule a Training
OIG Investigation Services is working to identify, prevent, and stop those who seek to steal coronavirus response funding. Our team is composed of professional criminal investigators with decades of experience in conducting education-related investigations and stopping education-focused fraud schemes involving Federal K–12, student aid, and other ED program, operations, and funding. Many of those investigations started with a call to the OIG by a person who suspected fraud. That is why our team stands ready to discuss or train any State, territorial, or tribal education agency, local educational agency, school, college, university, or other institute of higher education about identifying and reporting Federal education fraud. To schedule a training or discussion, contact the OIG Regional Investigation Services Office near you.